One customer summed up the experience of eating at The Front Porch this way: “Going to the Front Porch is like visiting a happy family. Hugs as you walk in, funny stories as you order. Food is fabulous! My favorite is the Reuben sandwich. Awesome! Fun decorations, you cannot go wrong in stopping by for a meal.”
The Front Porch Café opened in 2007 when the economy was tanking and it’s never looked back or better! Fresh ingredients are what make eating at The Front Porch a delight along with decent portions and lots of choices, including homemade soups, chowders, paninis, and sandwiches.
Breakfast is served all day and includes:
- J.J. Holman – an omelet with fresh spinach or broccoli and cheddar cheese plus home fries made from fresh potatoes,
- E.G. Harlow – grilled banana, walnut, stuffed french toast with local maple syrup,
- Kitchen Sink – a cheese omelet with loads of veggies (i.e., tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms and onions),
- Rocking Chair – one egg with sausage, bacon or ham,
- H.W. Park – two huge pieces of French toast stuffed with fresh berries and a cream cheese filling. It’s like having breakfast, lunch, & dessert all on one plate!
Check out the dinner menus, too. Thursday night is Pasta & More, including All You Can Eat Spaghetti with giant meatballs; Fettuccini Alfredo with broccoli, shrimp, or chicken; Root Beer Chicken; plus several caesar salads. Friday night features steak and seafood, and Saturday evenings are family nights with favorites like Mama’s Baked Beans & Hot Dogs with Brown Bread, Shepherd’s Pie and Yankee Pot Roast.
While you are there don’t forget to check out the “indoor uptown outhouse” bathroom, and in the winter months, take a stroll through the streets of Hallville and the suburbs of Oxlin – the 42 foot village on the enclosed Porch. It’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face 😉
Wed. – Mon 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Year round
Thurs., Fri. and Sat. 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. April through November
6 Hall Hill Road, Dixfield, ME 04224
Owners and Chef: Clint Bailey and Sammie Angel